Julie hits Amsterdam

I am heading to Amsterdam! Begining mid-April I will be working and living in the Netherlands. With the rest of Europe so close I am sure exciting adventures await. Advisory Notice - some material posted to this blog may not be suitable for childern.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

American Football?

During Svea's visit to Amsterdam, we had a team event to the Amsterdam Admiral's American Football game who play in the NFL Europe league. I can honestly say that I don't know many girls (with the expection of Marsha) who could explain any sport, let alone football, to a male. Not that we couldn't do it, it's just that they usually know much more about sports than we do so we don't bother. So you can imagine my surprise when Svea and I found ourselves explaining the basics of American Football to Joost and Patrick. Here are just a few of there questions...
  • Why are there so many people on the field?
  • Do you watch football just to see the guys in tight pants?

After a few plays, Patrick didn’t get what the big deal was about football, he thought it was boring then Svea explained tailgating.




A few notes about our experience...

  • You can bring beer in, but they ran out
  • Only bathrooms are port-a-johns and peeing stalls
  • They sing the American national anthem (and everyone signs along!)
  • There is a dance party after every plan
  • The hot dogs are served in hamburger buns
  • The yard lines are barely visible
  • Rumor has it, it’s harder to make the dance team than the football team
  • Shrek makes an appearance - but only if you're lucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home