Julie hits Amsterdam

I am heading to Amsterdam! Begining mid-April I will be working and living in the Netherlands. With the rest of Europe so close I am sure exciting adventures await. Advisory Notice - some material posted to this blog may not be suitable for childern.

Friday, May 04, 2007

It’s raining men… hallelujah it’s raining men!

While the rest of Holland may be concerned about the fact that it has not rained in over three weeks, I am happy as a calm... On my way to work the other day I passed a man who’s legs where as long as me! And the man he was walking with was only a few inches shorter. Even if I put heels on (which we all know doesn’t happen very often due to my lack of ability to walk in them) I would still be far shorter than the majority of the Dutch men. For the most part the men have a great sense of style here. It’s a laid back cool yet still polished look, but there some are exceptions. You have your typical stoners who haven’t washed their hair in a few years and the older generation who hasn’t yet realized that stone washed jeans are not in style. Those aside there is enough eye candy to last for quite a while J The other day I felt like I had entered an award show because literally in ONE day I saw the following look-a-likes:
- Josh Duhamel
- Matt Damon
- Matthew Fox
- Michael Vartan
Seriously I was about ready to start asking for autographs. I saw the Josh Duhamel character the next day and was tempted to say hello but chickened out.

And oh yeah, the women are beautiful here, too. I work with a woman who looks like Giselle – yeah you could say I’m intimidated. But it has yet to motivate me to actually look decent when I go to work … brains still out weight beauty, right??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're finding your way around....we miss you over here in the US - did you watch the derby over the weekend? do they celebrate Cinco de Mayo (it'd be a sin if not...for both). anyways, glad to hear you're getting around. chat with you soon!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go get 'em Julie - talk to the hotties...

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!! It sounds awesome, send more pics!

Hope the job is going well!

Miss you, Caroline

7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everything in Amsterdam sounds fabulous- can't wait to see you in about 9 short weeks! Even if its just for 24 hours!!

Love ya, Ash

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home